Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What is "love" to me? (I gotta feeling that this is going to be one heck of a long post...)

Have you ever wondered what "love" is to you?

Have you really been in love before in your life then?

Do you really understand what love is?

Different people have different definitions to love. Some people will think they are in love as long as they can see their lover all day and all night long. Some will be happy as long as their partner is happy. Some may think by having more than one partner, then he/she will be able to compare who loves him/her more. And from there, he/she will be able to love that person even more.

To me, love is about sacrifice. I believe a person is truly loved if his/her other half is willing enough to sacrifice his/her time, money and energy on this person. I believe the way a person is loved can help bring the better out of the other half. Meaning to say, if A loves B whole heartedly, then A will be loved whole heartedly as well. In fact, A will receive even more love than the love that he has poured out on B.

In my opinion, and through my experiences, I have never been in love before. Because, to tell the truth, I am never strong enough to say I'm willing to sacrifice my everything just for my other half. When this happens, you can only call it a "crush" instead. Why is it called a "crush", by the way?

I think, in my own definition, a "crush" is a person whom you like, but will "crush" your heart because the two of you will not be together in the end. A "crush" is just like any other people that you see everyday. They don't really stand out in the crowd. Or maybe they do.

Am I confusing you? I apologize beforehand then...

Let's continue.

I have always thought I am willing enough to sacrifice my soul for that particular "crush", but I am always wrong. This person that I like will always turn out to be a wrong choice. Or maybe that person is good enough for me, but I don't think I'm good enough for her. Maybe if you don't have the courage to go after that girl, you aren't considered to have loved her enough. If you love one person, you WILL want that person to know, right?

I mean, what's the use of keeping silent when you should be brave enough to let that person know you love him/her, right? There's nothing wrong with letting people know that you adore them. But maybe it's just the fear of rejection that got in your way...

Or maybe, your intuition is silently telling you that this person is not going to make you happy. And so the conflict between your intuition and your heart results in your lack of courage to express your love.

It might sound ridiculous, but something just tells me that I'm right. =)

Once you have told that person that you like him/her... What's next?

What if... the person to whom you've expressed your love doesn't like you back? What do you do then?

From here, you have two options:
1) Be a persistent bug and bug her until she likes you
2) Go after another one.

From 1), you have two characteristics:
a) You are very annoying.
b) You really do love that person.

From 2), you have three other characteristics:
a) You don't love her enough and you give up easily.
b) You're just playing with your heart.
c) You seriously think that person is not right for you.

But what if you fail to persuade her to love you in 1a)?

Don't you think you need a little bit more patience?

Sometimes a girl (I don't know about boys, coz I don't date them... ==) prefers men to be interested in her by pretending to be oblivious about you. (I think I learnt this from G Force...) But that doesn't mean you should just give up that easily... Sometimes a girl may tell you that she doesn't like you, but in her heart she's crazy about you.

Sometimes a girl really meant it when she told you that she doesn't like you, but be aware of how she says it...
3) Her attitude is all bitchy and all that...
4) She speaks to you in a friendly way.

From 3), you can deduce that...
a) She really is a bitch. So why do you still love her? Are you a bitch yourself?
b) You really can't be compatible with this type of person... Unless you are looking for a bitchy person as your lover... then, good luck to you. =)

From 4), you can deduce that...
a) Maybe she's just pretending that she doesn't like you.
b) Maybe she really doesn't like you. But you two can still be friends, right? =0)

But what if... You've told a girl that you like her, but she has no reaction whatsoever? o.O
5) This girl doesn't know the good in you... Go back to 2c)
6) Go back to 4a)
7) Maybe she thinks you're joking with her? ==
8) She doesn't like you, but she doesn't want to hurt you.

From 8), you can ask for one thing.
a) Ask her to speak her mind. Be it if it will hurt you, but it's better than not knowing anything and continue to fall blindly...

Sometimes love is a ridiculous thing, don't you think?

It's sometimes shown in those television series or books... You like a person, but after you don't like that person, he/she comes and tell you that he/she likes you instead. And after that, he/she will either hate you or make you love him/her again. ==

And it will all lead to even more drama... ==

If there is love, there will be hate. What if someone hates you?

Hate, to me, is a strong feeling of dislike towards someone. Hate occurs when a person cares about another, but is oblivious and ignorant about it. Well, frankly speaking, if you don't care about that person, why hate him/her, right?

Hate is the opposite of love. It's either you love that person or you hate them. Or you can be classified in the love-hate relationship... Where you hate this person but you love him/her at the same time as well... There's also a "neutral", where you don't love and you don't hate this person. But frankly speaking, there will always be one of them...(either love or hate I mean)

So, if you really think you hate someone, think again... Do you spend some time hating him/her every once in a while? Think again... Is it because you are thinking of that person? Do you hate him/her because you can't see him/her? And when you see him/her, and when your hatred comes urging up... Is it because you want to get close to him/her, but you are AFRAID of doing so instead?

I don't think there's actually someone who'll hate another wholeheartedly... Maybe it's just because they are afraid to get close with them... Well, that's just my opinion... :)

Hehehe... I know there are lots of people "hating" me, but I don't blame them... They're only missing me. :)

HAHAHA!!!

Alright, I'll speak up till here... I'll continue again next time... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment