Saturday, April 3, 2010

Clash of the Titans Review


So, last night (or rather, evening), we went to watch "Clash of the Titans" in MBO. I wasn't actually going at first, but because I had really really wanted to watch this movie, I relented. lalala~

And I dare say, I wasn't at all regretting my choice to go. The movie is really great!

Sam Worthington plays Perseus, a demi-god. He was born as a good, but raised as a human. After his family was murdered by Hades, played by Ralph Fiennes, (the same guy who played Voldemort AKA He-Who-Mustn't-Be-Named), Perseus seeks revenge.

After his ship was sunk, Perseus was brought to Argon, where Hades visited and cursed the town. Ten days later, when the sun is eclipsed, Hades will release the monster of terror, Kraken, to destroy Argon. Seeing Perseus as the only way to help them, the Argons led a small army to destroy Kraken.

They set on a journey to seek for some witches by some hill (I'm not that familiar with these Greek mythologies, sorry) and it was revealed that Medussa was the only one who is powerful enough to kill Kraken. But being a villain, Medussa will NEVER help Perseus. And so, Perseus has to kill Medussa in order to get her head. I'm sure you all know that Medussa's stare is powerful enough to turn any living thing that was silly enough to look into her eyes, right?

And so, the plan was to get Medussa's head in order to turn Kraken into a stone.

But then... here comes the silly part... If you've watched the movie, you'll see that Kraken is HUMONGOUS!!! And so freaking huge! But. Medussa's single stare was enough to turn the whole Kraken into stone? ==

Lalalalala...

So after Kraken was destroyed, Perseus in turn sent Hades back to The Underworld with Zeus, his father's help.

And... that was practically it... The story was simple, but the way the movie was shot was brilliantly wonderful... I dare say it's the best movie of 2010 for now... hahaha

XD

From the sight of things, I'm guessing there will be a "Clash of the Titans 2" coming soon... I mean... Hades sure will come back to get revenge, right?? HAHAHA

XD

No comments:

Post a Comment