Thursday, April 8, 2010

Unluckiness...

Sigh... remember my post a few days ago regarding my laptop? The one I said my laptop couldn't be started and all?

To make things worse, my Nokia 6233 has officially said goodbye to me yesterday...

As you guys might know, yesterday was the Club Recruitment and everything. And I was really tired after that, and I remember blogging about this. So the thing is, I've asked Jessie & Rocky if they can send me home, but they refused because I was living in a direction opposite to the one they're going to go. And if they were to send me home, they'd be caught in the traffic.

And so I just walked back loh... Since it's not my first time walking back...

But the thing is, just before I have reached the roundabout, droplets of rain came down on me. I put on my hoodie and walked with my normal speed since my laptop isn't in my bag. I had both of my phones inside my pocket.

When I reached home, I took off my clothes (basically all of them...) and began drying myself. I realized my phones were wet (the 5300 wasn't that wet, if compared with my 6233). At that time, both of my phones are still usable, and I texted Jessie as I was drying myself.

Then, I saw my 6233 lighting up, and I thought it was Jessie's reply, but when I checked, it was a message from my phone saying "SIM card Registration failed."

Feeling strange, I turned off my phone and restarted it. But, my phone showed the "SIM card Registration Failed" message again. The only difference is that my phone now turns off by itself and I can't switched it on after that.

Allow me to explain that after turning off my phone for the first time, I took out the battery and SIM card and I dried them with my towel before turning my phone on.

But I can't start it anymore...

Feeling scared, I quickly inserted my SIM card into my 5300, (I did dry the battery and everything as well) but the same message came up. I was thinking, "Oh shoot. I am damned."

Thinking that my unluckiness must have hit the bottom of my rock, I ignored the fact that I was cursed with faulty electrical appliances and went to take my shower.

After my shower, I tried to switch on my 6233 again, but to no avail. This time, when I started my 5300, it was proven to be working still. =\

Sigh~

I don't blame any of my friends for refusing to send me home (coz if they did, none of this would have happened), but I blame myself instead. If only I had quickly turned around when it started to rain, or rather, if I had just stayed in Swinburne from the beginning, none of this would have happened.

But, allow me to clear myself... I was really really tired already and the first and last thing on my mind is to get some rest QUICK. I wasn't really in the condition to think about anything else. Maybe I'm just too stupid to even consider that my phones aren't waterproof.

I tell myself, "Everything happens for a reason. I'm not going to question why all of these (unluckiness) have struck me in all of a sudden. I'll just accept them because... what's the point of blaming my friends or God? Will my phones suddenly go back to its normal state? No, right?"

I take this as a challenge for me to grow... Make me more mature... This will burn a mindset in me that "If it's raining next time, DO NOT go home liao... Just stay in Swinburne."

I'll learn from this... This will not bring me down... =)

Oh yea, in case you're asking, "Why weren't you using your umbrella instead?", then my answer would be, "Because I wanna get soaked in the rain."

See? That's why I can't blame anyone but myself... I'm the one stupid enough to not use an umbrella... But then again, the wind was so strong... My umbrella would have been blown out of shape by the time I have set it up... =|

Anyways... Just wanna let you guys know, I'm really lucky to have a spare phone... But my 5300 is too ruined for me to call or receive calls... My microphone is damaged. Alright... I guess that's it... =\

lalalala... I wonder how next week will be... I'm not looking forward to April 15th... =(

No comments:

Post a Comment