Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2012 Review~

It has been quite sometime already since I watched the movie "2012", and even though I have wanted to review the movie, but since I was too "busy" being lazy, I didn't...

And now, I think, just do it lah~ Make my blog looks updated... mwahahaha

Ok, so here's the thing.

I went to watch "2012" last two weeks ago (Yes, it has been THAT long... ==), and the movie is... AWESOME!!! XD

Yes, even though the effects look too over-the-top in some parts of the movie, like how the people died and so, it is not wise to say that it might not happen.

The movie started in 2009, with the Sun exploding some part of itself (it's a natural process actually...), sending radiation to the Earth. But this time, the explosion is too abnormal that, it might actually endanger our Earth. And duh, it does endanger the Earth, and that's why the movie happens... ==

The movie then quickly jumps to 2010, and then 2011, and finally 2012. I'm not going to tell you what happened between the years, (because 1] I have forgotten and 2] I don't wanna spoil you people) and in 2012, the catastrophe begins....

We're introduced to the lead character, whom I have forgotten his full name... If I'm not mistaken, he's called Jackson. He's an author (my ambition as well... =D), and he's working part-time as a driver for a very rich man by the name... Yuri...

He was supposed to bring his children, Noah (a strange name for a kid these days... especially three years from now... I don't hear a lot of Noahs in this world... O.o) and Lily (ah... Lili~~) for camping, but he was late. (sigh... that is so... me... ==)

He brings his children to the place where he and his divorced wife, Kate, used to date (in the Yellowstone National Park), but found out that the lake was gone, and there has been borders to prevent people from entering.

And then... skip to days later... he found our that his boss's sons are getting tickets to go somewhere, and they told him he is going to die.

Then, fast forward, he got his family (including his ex-wife's current boyfriend, Gordon) into a plane and flew away as they experienced how their city, Los Angeles, sink into the Earth.

Then, blah blah blah, I don't want to spoil anymore, and I'll just let y'all see the movie for yourself... =)

I've read the goofs in IMDB.com, and hehehe... some of the goofs are really funny... hahaha

Despite having lots of goofs, the movie is still quite good as it really shows how one person (the scientist Adrian) would try to save as many people as possible when the end of the world happens, and how Jackson would save his own family when this happened. It has its touching moments, and some of the parts brought my hairs up. While some scenes are funny, there could be some rude scenes as well (such as the language and so on...)

Overall, it is a good "end-of-the-world" movie, and hopefully you guys will enjoy it as much as I did...

lolz..

No comments:

Post a Comment