Saturday, October 24, 2009

23rd October 2009

This date is surely a date to remember...

It's one heck of a crazy and busy day. Ever since I woke up and until the time when I fell asleep... I haven't been anymore tired than this before! Okay, so maybe I have, but not in Swinburne at least...

I woke up at around 9 something, thinking that I am already late for class but then I remembered my class starts at 1030hrs. ==

The first class was Physics, where I got my test paper back & a short quiz. The quiz was a little bit straightforward... Luckily I have tried to memorize the formulas and everything before I went to class... And that was why I was late that day... Oops...

After Physics ended at 11.30am, I went to the library to think about what am I supposed to do during that afternoon's Dance Party rehearsal at 2pm. I've never been a "runner" before, and I was thinking about if I would be able to do a great job. Sent a text to my English lecturer, telling that I might be late for his class later, which was at 2.30pm, although I have no intention whatsoever in wanting to go to his class... ==

That evening, I still have an Innovation & Change presentation, but that's on 4pm. I've already planned on doing my part of the presentation spontaneously; I don't like to memorize speeches coz they make me sound like a robot. ==

When I went to the MPH at 2pm, Ah Zoo told me that the sound system hasn't arrived yet and so I couldn't rehearse... At first I was a little bit pissed off at the people who're supposed to deliver the sound system in the MORNING, but then again, things happen and so I couldn't blame anyone... =P

It was nearing 2.30pm already but still the sound system hasn't arrived yet. Daymn, so that means that I still have no idea on what am I supposed to do. I asked around, but no one also knows what it was that I am supposed to do... ==

Went back to the library to check out on my teammates, double Kelvin & Michael, on their preparation for our presentation later. I knew Kelvin Chong & Michael would do well, based on their English presentation weeks ago, and I was only worried about Kelvin Chung's part. He didn't do as well as he should be last time, and I was worried that he might lose himself again this time.

And after being with them for about 10 minutes, I rushed back to the MPH. So yea, basically all that I am doing that day is to walk here, run there, sprint here, dash there... ==

When I went back to MPH, I forgot about the time, but Carlson told me to go to English for awhile, just to "tell him that we're not going to his class"... ==

But when I went to class, our lecturer acted like he hadn't seen us at all. Right. Not that I cared anyways. I really do wonder, of all of his students, who'd actually want to talk to him personally? ==

I stayed in the class for 5 minutes and couldn't stand being ignored anymore. I left the class although Carlson has asked me to wait for our lecturer to let us sign the Attendance List. But what's the use of signing it when you're basically not in the class at all? Right? ==

So, I just left the class, leaving Carlson there, and went back to MPH. Sigh... until then, which was I think 3 something already... and the sound system has finally arrived (I think), but I still have no idea what I am supposed to do. ==

I ended up sitting down on the floor, listening to the heart-pumping-through-the-vibrations-of-the-basses music, and Melissa suggested that we tie the balloons since I've got nothing to do. At first I didn't tie properly, but on second attempt I did better. =)

It was nearing 3.40pm when I finished tying the balloons, and damn! My presentation would start soon, (actually my Inno class starts at 4pm, but my lecturer insists that we come at 3.45pm. ==) and yet I haven't changed. (as in my clothes)

As I dashed out to my hostel, Aaron stopped me and asked if I have memorized the programs list, and I answered no. O.o He panicked for awhile and then asked me to go photostate a few copies of the programs just in case, and as I went to UBS, the stupid stationary shop in Building A, and that lady over the photocopy machine was working so damn slow man!!!

Frustrated that I am behind time, I took my bag and ran upstairs to go and photocopy copies of the programs list instead. Luckily there weren't anyone to "steal" my "place", and I quickly photocopied 6 copies and then dashed back to my hostel, changed to my formal clothes and ran back to the MPH, handed to copies --Minus one copy for myself-- to Jude, bought a Cola and dashed to my class. Whew! Have I ran this much before in my life? LOL!

And to think that, arriving at class at 3.46pm was already late, what about those others who have arrived later than that? ==

My friend Fatyn, who's supposed to be the first to present, was lost, and she has wanted to contact me through Facebook, but because I am appearing offline, she took more time to reach the class... Sorry... =(

Anyway, the presentation went from 4.15pm to 7-I-donno-what-time-pm, my team being the third team to present. Hm... I could say that it went quite alright... My slides are done nicely, our Q&A are done quite nicely as well... =)

So I asked permission from my lecturer to leave early, and I quickly ran back to my hostel (in my formal clothes... ==), changed and ran to MPH. By the time I reached MPH, the party hasn't started yet. Good. I went backstage to check out what I am supposed to do, but still the instructions aren't clear at all... ==

So, I just did what my intuitions told me to do, and at the end of the party, Ah Zoo said I did a great job. Wee hee! But seriously, I don't think I did good enough... ==


***


And so, enough of crappy talk... Let's just go to the party already, shall we? Sorry, Your Majesty Queen Haryati, I have been crapping for the past few minutes... wakakaka

So, the party started at around 7.45pm, and woo! A great start by the Soulz Crew, and Ah Keong was inside the routine as well. They are great! I watched from the stage, behind the curtains, and I was amazed! XD (That's the advantage of being a "runner"; you get to watch all the performances from backstage! XD)

After the first performance, food came. Dang. Carlson & Elmer went to take food first and when I went to check, there was a person trying to enter without buying the ticket and that time I was angry because Carlson didn't do his job as a Bouncer. ==

After telling him the situation, I trusted him that he would begin to take his job seriously liao... =D

And so I went to backstage again, and asked Wilson, the MC for the night, when would the next performance be. Telling me that it would be 8.15pm, and it was only 8.00pm, I went to enjoy some food first. Damn! The food finished fast! And no one took the egg tarts... ==

Then something uncontrolled happened. The DJ himself started the next performance and I was scolded for not informing Jude and others that their performance was up. Dang... But it was my fault lah... Who ask me to walk around instead of just staying next to the DJ, right? I was, indeed, on a job, and not playing. This is some serious piece of ___! Lol!

Knowing that I cannot mess up again, I took my job very seriously. So serious to an extend that I got mad when people just can't stop opening the backstage door and didn't bother to close it. Dammit!

After Jude's 80s performance was Wilson's 90s performance. Livin' the Vida Loca! (Whatever the lyrics is... hahaha) Ivanna & Wilson really make a great couple lah... Ivanna looked totally hot that night... =)

Between each performances would be some songs being played by the DJ to heat things up. After Wilson's routine, The Swinburne Salsa Club heated things up with "Naughty Girl" by Beyonce, Salsa version. =D

Joak's routine followed. I played an "important" role here, telling the person to turn off the lights in one instant. I did that, and everything was perfect, until some bastard went to open the backstage door. The whole thing was meant to be done in DARKNESS, you dimwit! Suddenly, there was light due to the person opening the door. Angered, I ran to close the door, but tripped over an unseen cable and one second later, *SILENCE*......

Oops! I messed up big time! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Luckily the music came back automatically, and the bastard closed the door. Sheeat!!! ==

And the lucky thing is that, when the music stopped, it wasn't during the time when the singer is singing, you know? (The song being played is "Love, Sex, Magic", and only Justin was singing). And it has appeared as if the song was purposedly stopped for a second there. (When the music came back again, that was when Justin singing another line. So Lucky!!! If not ppl will definitely know that there was something wrong. Phew!!! What a close call! =D)

But damn lah... I messed up so many times in one night... (That explains the why I didn't do a good job earlier on)

After Joak's routine was Daniel's. Wow. B-boys are cool! HAHAHA!

And then Christine Jobita's routine, the sexy all-female dance, is up. Wow! Only two words can be used to describe the dance: "HOT" & "SEXY"!!!

Christine, Ivanna, Christine Tan, 丽君, Eileen, Anastacia, Melissa and some other girls whose names are unknown to me, performed. Wow... SEXINESS!!! XD

And the final routine is Ife's routine. Adeline is inside, and I'd like to specially mention her because she was learning the steps last minute, and was still able to dance greatly... I'm so proud of you, girl!!! XD

Ah... I seriously have forgotten when was it, but there was a session when the DJ played songs and I just danced my butt off, shook my hips off and jumped my feet off. Wow! I have never been this high before! HAHAHA! The atmosphere is seriously hot!! Everyone's dancing, jumping, shaking... It was such a crazy night! And I'm so glad that I've bought a ticket. =D

I seriously can't wait for next year's Dance Party... =D

Hopefully I can perform next time lah... I wanna dance! HAHAHA!!! XD

PS: Ladies of the night: Kat, Chris, Ivanna, you three kept me looking at you.. HAHAHA!!! Oops... gotta stop before Wilson come bash me up... hahaha

Alright, I think I have got to stop talking already... This post is long enough... XD

hahaha

Alrights, peoples, tills nexts times... This has beens Joeys Thes Onlys!! XDDD


No comments:

Post a Comment